Plans, directs, organizes, and executes activities of natural gas pipeline projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe and funding parameters
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides project leadership.
- Responsible for designated project results.
- Reports on status of project to company president and client.
- Responsible for keeping the project on schedule and budget.
- Determines subcontractor and vendor requirements.
- Documents issues related to the contract, know the contract and execute per the terms of the contract.
- Documents that project is detailed in a manner to meet regulatory requirements
- Assess risk and take action to mitigate risk.
- Maintain communication on all aspects of the project.
- Responsible for effective scope definition and change management.
- Ensure a safe work environment and a safe design, per client safety guidelines.
- Coach and mentor project team.
- Interfaces with the client regarding project (s).
- Works toward ensuring customer satisfaction with project results.
- Capable of planning, organizing and running small projects up to $5M.
- Experience with the design and construction of natural gas pipeline systems. Working knowledge of PHMSA pipeline safety regulations and design requirements
- Working knowledge of OSHA construction and safety requirements.
- Able to present cost estimates to management and clients.
- Capable of understanding contractual terms (warranty, guaranty, indemnity, etc.).
- Able to act as proposal manager on small to medium sized projects.
- Must have demonstrated leadership capability on projects.
- Excellent communication skills with task force, with client and with management.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Works well with client personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field from four-year college or university is desired. Ten (10) years-experience in the industry, 5 years as Project Manager.