BlackRock Resources is seeking a Survey Division Lead based in Wexford, PA in a Direct Hire role.
Survey Division Lead
We are currently seeking a Survey Lead for our Wexford, PA office. The successful candidate must possess the leadership skills necessary to manage the surveying department and its client base.
- Manage survey operations.
- Writing proposals and negotiating with government agencies is required.
- Expected to be the signing Professional Land Surveyor for final mapping and surveying deliverables. Expectation to be the Surveyor of Record.
- Client management, proposal preparation, proactive staff utilization and progress reporting.
- Staff development and training.
- Boundary determinations, legal descriptions, geodetic and plane survey calculations, and quality review of geospatial deliverables.
- QA/QC for all field and office survey work.
- Coordinate work requests, budgets, schedules and completion dates
- General administrative tasks and processes.
Position includes leading projects as a Project Surveyor / Project Manager, survey crew oversight, occasional field surveying and related management and project management duties.
This position supervises and/or leads field of office survey staff, performs field quality control, performs office reductions & survey computations; prepares TINs and surfaces, and final mapping in an AutoCAD Civil 3D. Conducts survey research, performs computations, CADD drafting of topographic maps and plats, develops written descriptions of land for deeds, leases, and other legal documents in accordance with local, state, federal and project requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Professional Land Surveyor registration required, CFedS certification a plus.
- 5+ years Management experience. Experience managing survey staff a must. We are looking for a Leader.
- Possess substantial knowledge of supervision, including mentoring, relationships building, monitoring and documenting performance, disciplinary processes, and motivating staff.
- Substantial knowledge in all areas of surveying, including boundary, topography, route surveying, ALTA/NSPS land Title Surveys, Scanning, GPS, Right of Way surveying and descriptions both field and office work.
- Experience performing survey related research.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D a with demonstrated survey drafting skills required and processing the survey data in Trimble Business Center, TBC.
- Experience with modern survey equipment including GPS, total station/robot and laser scanning instruments a plus. Experience with Trimble equipment a plus.
- Experience with 3D Scanning/Modeling, UAV Mapping and Hydrographic surveying experience a plus.
- Ability to read and understand survey drawings, plans & specifications.
- Knowledge of principles of monumentation, staking and marking.
- Experience with local survey standards and manuals of practice.
- Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be productive and positive working in both the field and office environments.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
- Valid Driver's License required; must meet company insurability requirements.
Please send your PDF or Word format resume to Beth at [email protected]