BlackRock Resources is seeking candidates for a Water Resources Engineer opportunity with our client in Pittsburgh, PA.
This role will be responsible for leading and growing the environmental engineering team, providing water resource engineering consulting services to both public and private clients.
- Developing and executing business development, strategic and operational initiatives, and growth strategies for the water resources engineering team.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, manage budgets, and recommend changes.
- Research and resolve design and construction problems.
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager and collaborates with project team to complete project assignments.
- Strong technical knowledge of stormwater and green stormwater infrastructure design and MS4 programming/permitting in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Master’s degree preferred
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) license in Pennsylvania. West Virginia, Ohio, and Maryland licensure are a benefit.
- 8+ years of project management experience in water resource engineering.
- Experience in marketing water resources engineering.
- Ability to identify, design, coordinate, and implement water resources projects.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to perform hydrologic and hydraulic calculations
- Proficient software skills including: MS Office suite, hydrology and hydraulics engineering computer software suites, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and/or GIS software.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in applying, please send resumes to Heather at [email protected]